Yes, yes, yes! Spoil me! Do bonus things for me and with me. Love me, cuddle me, feed me. And in return, I’ll spoil you, too. I’ll lick you, snuggle in close, warm your lap with my furry body. I’ll bring joy and happiness to you and make you laugh and smile.
Here’s what Dr. Jon from PetPlace had to say about Spoiling me:
“I love spoiling my dog… and I know you do too. My readers have sent me some of the most wonderful tips and stories. Today I want to share just a few of my favorites so you can spoil your dog as well.
Ways to Spoil Your Dog from PetPlace readers:
1. Dance. Anneke Swanepoel of South Africa wrote, “My way of spoiling my dogs is to put some ‘happy music’ on and dance around with them. They seem to enjoy this as much as I do, plus we get the exercise as well!”
2. Play Football. Michelle Yeaer wrote, “Every night we play doggy football and she makes up the rules. Her version involves a home base.” Check out the cute picture below!
3. Pet Friendly Lunch. Chris Rhoden writes, “Spoil your pet by taking them to a pet friendly restaurant for lunch. If you really want to do something special – take them for an overnight stay to a pet friendly hotel.”
4. Never take your dog for granted. Jamie Healy wrote, “It’s so easy for some dog owners to come home and walk right past their pet because they’re so used to them being there. How about returning the excitement they have when they see you? Whether we’re gone for 10 minutes, all day, or all week, they always greet us as if they haven’t seen us in years! Don’t let the little things, like the mail or the phone ringing, get in your way of appreciating them back when you first walk in the door.”
5. Take care of them. This is my tip, and it might seem obvious but it’s really important. Another way to spoil your dog is to ensure that you can do the best for him in case a medical problem or emergency occurs. If you are on a budget, the best way to do this is to consider pet insurance.
I hope these tips help give you some new ideas for ways to spoil your precious pooch.
* * *
Thanks, Dr. Jon, for the tips on spoiling us. Here’s my very favorite toy of all time. Mom Peep loves to throw it from room to room and I like to chase it. The funny thing is, she says my toys last FOREVER. I don’t chew them up or rip them apart like big dog Rex used to. They do get a little dirty sometimes, but she throws them in the washer (when I’m not looking) and they come out of the dryer clean and fluffy as new.
We hope you have a fantastic day.
Wiggles & woofs to you,